Friday, October 9, 2009

10 days

I sit here at my work desk glorying in the baby kicking me. Baby likes music, first time I for sure knew it was the baby's kick, I was listening to Tim McGraw. Good taste our baby has.

In 10 days I will be able to call the baby he or she. I will be getting my ultrasound at exactly 20 weeks. I have been very impressed with my patience. October 19, a beautiful sounding day really.

As for more details, the baby is due March 8, 2010. In my cheesiness, I say that I hope baby comes on March 4th, as it is the only date that is a sentence. As people look at me confused I say with gusto and a pumping fist, March fourth!

How could the holidays be better with my growing belly? Our 4 year anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's, my birthday, and then the baby arrives! I tell Juan often he's got a lot of gifts to line up for me. I am high maint when it comes to receiving gifts from my kindly cooperative husband. Not so high maint on what the gift is, just that I get a wrapped gift.

As for whether we want a boy or a girl. I want a girl, Juan wants a little Juan (not that we'd name him that, yes I'm not a fan of the name Juan, just the person). My main and only reason for preferring a girl? The cute clothes. I will gladly give up that shallow preference if baby is a boy. Please vote on what you think we're having!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I voted boy just because for some reason I think it's a boy. But girls ARE so much fun! And don't worry... there are cute boy things out there to, but I know your feeling. There aren't as much stuff! But like, cute argile sweaters! I'm SO happy for you Cami!

Crystal said...

I'm so happy you can feel the baby. That's always exciting and reassuring. I can't wait for 10 days. I think it's a girl, but I have the funniest boy ever, so a boy seems to be fun too.

Keegan said...

Patrick and I both think girl. So far our odds on getting these kinds of guesses right are two out of three. Here's hoping for improved odds! But really, I won't be that disappointed if we're wrong because boys are super fun. Can't wait to hear the news!

Amy said...

I'm going to guess a GIRL!

Rachelle said...

I can't wait to hear what you guys are having, and you are cheesy, but funny! I think you are going to have a boy! He will be a stud!

Erin_C said...

ultrasounds are the best. its such a miracle to see a real baby inside of you! i thought we were having a boy: i had dreams about a little boy and one morning woke up with "the strongest impression" we were having a boy . . . then we were told we were having a girl! but it felt so "right", whatever that means.

but you're right, girl clothes are way better ha ha ha

Julaine said...

I asked Jason what he thought and he said boy, so that's what we voted! Can't wait for you guys to find out!

Francesca said...

I'm guessing a boy, but I agree with you about wanting a girl for the cute clothes and other baby stuff!

Heather said...

Hurray only 8 days to go now! So exciting! My vote is a girl. I love how much fun girls are to dress up! Have fun feeling that sweet baby move around!

Manda Sue said...

And you were right Cami Lou. YOU'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!! wo HOO! :)