Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Leaving a note

This last week Juan and I got the dreaded note on our car. "I hit your car". He left his name and number. Luckily for him and us, our 1993 Camry has its share of scratches and scuffs, and his scuffs just added to its charm. But thank you for the note kind boy.

My sister-in-law received an awesome note left on her car at the mall yesterday. "You parked too close to us. SELFISH!" That is just the best. I would love to get that note. I am not the best parker so I'm pretty sure I've verbally received that note several times. But for memories sake, I'd love for someone to write me a nasty note about my driving/parking.

There have been several times I've wanted to leave a note. Like when a certain car parked diagonal across 2 parking spots last winter in our limited underground parking. Or when people cut me off just to slam on their brakes and drive slow in front of me.

Has anyone been brave enough to leave a note? Please share!

8 comments:

Julaine said...

ha ha, that's funny. Did you guys call the number or you just going to leave the "character" on your car! You know, spacey as it sounds I've never thought of leaving a note on someone's bad driving and parking. I guess I just let it roll of my back!

Crystal said...

I always want to have big signs I can hold up to comment on other people's driving. I've never been a note leaver, though.

Darren and his friends would always jokingly leave notes on cars. They would read, "Sorry I hit your car. Let me know if I need to fix it. Give me a call. -Larry" but they wouldn't leave a number. They never even hit the car. They just wanted people to frantically look over their vehicle for the dent, never to find it. Silly boys!!

Ashley C said...

I sooooo want to leave notes on the annoying parkers on our street, but I've never been brave enough to actually do it. I never understood why neighborhoods would get annoyed with non-resident parkers until now, when I live in an area near a lot of restaurants, so people always park on our street, often taking up two parking spaces! Note to all the westerners out there, in the east, you park flush with a driveway, not four feet back (like in CO)! Okay, rant over. :)

Amanda said...

Haha that is too funny! I can't believe someone would write that kind of note. I did leave a note one time. We were at church in California & it was windy and my car door got blown into the mirror of another car, leaving a red mark on the white mirror. I felt extra guilty because it was in the church parking lot and people saw. But they never called back or anything lol. You're lucky that those nice people left you a note

katherine said...

Someone once left a note on Shane's car that said, "You need to take a class in parking!" He was parked on campus at BYU and it's written in the prettiest old lady cursive. He keeps it in his glove compartment for a good laugh. I'm impressed that guy left a note on your car. I've bumped a few cars with all the parallel parking we have to do in Chicago and honestly, leaving a note never crossed my mind.

L said...

we got a note on our car when we lived at union square. i laughed really hard, because obviously we knew the person, but they never left a name. i can't help it that parking barry's car is like parking a boat for me!

Heather said...

That is a great note! I think it's nice when people admit to hitting your car too. I've never called on it before though. I left a few notes on a car that was parked across from my house for a long time. It was so annoying. I finally brought the note right up to their door and handed it to them. It still took them a month to move the car.

Rachelle said...

I love the note left on your sisters car. Aaron left one on a car in the under ground parking garage, I ma sure you know the one. They always took up two spots and never pulled forward. I think it just said "Learn how to park." I have been tempted on occasion to leave a note, but am a wimp!