For all us Salt Lake City locals, Juan and I tried out Thaifoon yesterday after hearing about a few people who love it.First disclaimer, Juan and I do not like curry, we hated the beloved Bombay House here in Provo (indian food). Second disclaimer, I have a very strong smeller, always have, and if smells don't sit with me right, it's over.
We didn't like it. I ordered the Evil Jungle Princess chicken, and my first few tastes were very well-received. Different, good taste, refreshing almost. But within minutes I was sick of it, almost as if it were too much. Juan ordered Honey Chicken, hated the breading so ate rice and lo mein the rest of the meal. We had tons of leftovers and gave them to my mother on the way home.
Now we can add Thai food to the list of cuisines we do not like. The dishes were beautiful and the atmosphere was nice, located at the Gateway. Also, my extreme love for PF Chang's may have cast a dark shadow over this whole experience, as I spent the whole time comparing.
5 comments:
I wonder if I would like it. I may since it is a nice location. Sam picked up some yellow curry chicken from a local Thai place called Lana's Diner. I have heard it is so good from a few ladies in my ward but I just can't get myself to eat it knowing it is made in this little Thai diner that doesn't seem very clean. I struggle with the cleanliness of eating places.
Cami, I have to say that you are so funny!!!
I love reading all of your critiques! I must say that I find them so insightful!:)
That stinks... you want to find new fun different places, but you just can't find any that are NEARLY as good as your favorite! Ryan and I went to PF Changs on Friday night. We love it also! They are having a fun deal right now in case you dont know about it. 2 for 39.99. You each get a soup, share an appitizer, each get an entree, and then each get a mini dessert. It was yum! Also, just wanted to make sure that you know about Pei Wei. It is PF Changs "to go" basically. Cheaper and the same food. The closest one is in Sandy off 10600 s. But it just awesome cuz its the same food for lots cheaper. You order at the counter, and then you sit down and they bring you your food, so you dont have to pay tip though. Anyways. This is getting long. Haha. Call us next time you go to PF if you want!
i love thai food. That's a bummer you guys didn't enjoy it. When I was first pregnant(when i could smell everything like crazy) my sister made me go with her to an Indian resturant (she love indian). Well, lets just say I'm still waiting to try it.
Post a Comment