Thanksgiving was very nice. Let me just say this, I hate leftovers. I just love all the food mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls for that one meal, after that no thanks. No offense to my mom & dad who did a fabulous job with all the food. I have compiled a list of things I am grateful for that are not the most important things in life, but things that I delight in. (Of course I am grateful for my husband, family, friends, and the gospel in addition to these things, I'm not completely shallow).
1. Traditions. I love our Christmas traditions, and I love the traditions that Juan and I are building together.
2. Christmas trees and lights. Too wonderful.
3. Music. All kinds, Christmas, High School Musical, Hairspray, Wicked, ok I love musicals, country, and alternative.
4. Spending money. I'm not grateful for it, but I do love it. Restaurants, movies, clothes, Christmas decorations, everything and anything. I'm grateful that we're not on the streets because I spend all our money. There.
5. Talents. I love developing my talents. I aspire to be a fluent Spanish speaker, skilled pianist, an exerciser, and an avid reader. Those are my 4 biggest goals and talents that I would like to develop.
6. Entertainment industry. Celeb gossip, movies, tv. All my guilty pleasures.
7. And books. I am in the middle of These Is My Words right now and it is a wonderful book. I really really love it and love that I can love books again! Also it is not a book made for young adults, I'm moving up in the world.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I wish you all to make it through the next few weeks until our next Holiday Break!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great things to be thankful for!! How can you not like leftover, my fav!!
I really like left over turkey also. What happened to you? Your thankful list is great. It sounds like you have some big plans for the upcoming year. I'm glad you are liking your book. I must've liked it more than I can remember. It is nice that you are loving to read again!
That is one of my mom's favorite books! I'm glad you like it! And I like your list of thankfulness. It's really good.
Post a Comment