On Juan's birthday, we received news that his mom was very sick in the hospital. So a couple days later we packed up and headed out to Wisconsin to see her. 18 hour drive, Juan drove all the way through. And I was a very reliable passenger who only snoozed off a few times. Of course the girls did great, they are born road trippers.
Amelia showing she is a true Texas girl by "freezing" in the 61 degrees.
I don't love these shots of me, but Juan is so cute.
We spent a lot of time at the hospital. Rose was so happy to see the girls and they were so excited to see her. Amelia hadn't seen Grandma Rose for a long while, and she was constantly talking about how she had 2 grandmas! Amelia sang her songs and showed her drawings and told her about her days. Maya blew kisses constantly, any time we'd leave the room. And she talked a little bit for her also. Rose is still in the hospital with pneumonia but she is stable and just waiting out the sickness. It was a very special visit and I'm so happy we went. I'm so impressed with the girls and how quickly they warmed up to Grandma Rose and also how well-behaved they were in the hospital! We spent up to 6 hour blocks in that hospital and they were just the best.
We also fit in some other Wisconsin things. We drove past Juan's childhood homes, we visited Juan's dad's grave on his birthday, we ate delicious burgers and frozen custard. We even watched multiple fireworks shows from the hospital room on the 8th floor. Beautiful. We also spent a lot of time with my dear friend Julaine and her family. Thank you Julaine for letting us barge in on your life for a few days, we had the best time.
Julaine's boy Felix, always ready for the camera.
See Felix back there, ha!
Silly girls.
Amelia taking a snooze in the hospital, isn't she the most beautiful sleeper?
Taking a break in the hospital garden. I love this picture of us, even if I was out of eye liner that day.
This book was Maya's comfort on the trip. Wheels on the Bus. She will look through it for long periods of time. And whenever she'd get frustrated with being in the car, I would just hand her this book. (Thanks Steph!)
Sleeping angels.
And me at 22 weeks along today. Time is going SO fast.
Maya's mullet at its finest. Oh man Maya, please just get that hair growing on top cute girl.
Tomorrow Maya is 18 Months.
- She is talking up a storm. Today I said to her, where'd you leave your banana? and she yells to me, ON THE COUCH! We often catch her in stream of conscious where she just says anything she can think of: Daddy go away. Daddy work. Daddy go car. Outside. Hot hot hot. Buggies outside. No no buggies inside. Daddy go *whack* (she didn't say whack, she made the motion of daddy swatting the flies).
- She identifies all her body parts that I have thought to teach her.
- She is back and forth on knowing and not knowing animal sounds. Her favorite is owl.
- She is obsessed with Amelia. She loves to just go and sit beside her and is thrilled to be included in anything Amelia is doing, if Amelia will allow.
- She holds her own. She gives a real good scream and yank when Amelia tries to take something.
- She loves books. As mentioned before Wheels on the Bus, Old McDonald, and The Little Mouse The Red Ripe Strawberry and The Big Hungry Bear. No joke, she has that book memorized, both girls do.
- She loves when I sing to her and scratch her back. And I can actually get her to snuggle me if I do those things.
- She loves bubbles, playing in dirt, and watering the plants.
- She listens for the garage and greets daddy with a big hug every day.
- She loves us so much. Seriously how can we not be the happiest people alive when we have a girl like her that loves us so much?

.jpg)
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear your mom-in-law is not doing well. I hope she heals quickly and painlessly as possible. I'm sure having her family around and getting to see your girls was a wonderful boost to her healing process. Looks like you guys had a good time with Julaine, too. It's so nice you all have been able to stay in touch and visit occasionally. Hope the drive home was a good one!!
It was fun having u, spending time togethet and watching the kids play. Hopefully my crabiness did scare you too much. I still am amazrd at maya and her speaking abilities!
it does look like the trip to Wisconsin was so good. 20 hours isn't too bad of a trip!! Haha. Little Maya has changed so much since we have last seen you guys and has only been a few months. Her mullet is the best. She rocks it well. It will be fun to hear her talking. It will be so much fun to hear her little voice.
Post a Comment