Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Obsessions

Amelia Learning
She has been so good at coloring and drawing lately. And she is obsessed with letters. She will come running in and say, Mommy I found the letter for Daddy's name, a big hook! And I said, yeah which letter? and reminded her it is J. And she said, yeah J for Daddy! Almost... It is so fun to have her showing interest and saying, what's that letter? when we are out and about. She was not interested for a while. And still has no interest whatsoever with numbers, but we are learning a lot of letters!



These girls playing together
They are so good with each other. If I have the playroom semi-tidy, they will play up there together for long amounts of time! And if Maya isn't following Amelia, she gets really upset and tries to force Maya to play. There are screams here and there, but mostly they are best friends.





Craigslist
This is my obsession people. And I have to ban myself from it. When I am on the search for something, I literally cannot sleep. I am just thinking about if the people will email me back or maybe it already sold. It is not healthy. But I have sure got some pretty good deals.

 All this for $25. The scooter and the bike are basically brand new, for $10 a piece! And Amelia is getting really good at the scooter and just figured out how to (slowly) pedal her big bike! I am so proud.

And this table? Got it at a garage sale with 6 chairs, for $50! The only garage sale I've been to in months. It was meant for us :) I really love it. It is gigantic, with the leaf we could easily fit 10 around it. It was so nice to trade in our tiny table with mismatched chairs/folding chairs.

Maya is growing up
She is growing up too fast! She kicked the binky last week, poor girl had some pretty intense sob sessions where I almost gave in. And she has gone peepee on the potty a few times! I really don't want to potty train her this early, but she has shown signs of asking to get her diaper changed even in the middle of the night, and I thought I'd just let her know she has other options if she so chooses. She has asked for the potty by herself, once after a bath. And it was awesome. But that was it. So I'll just let her take the lead on that one, the girl is only 18 months.

  

Amelia's sleep
Amelia naps every day and is very obedient at night. She stays upstairs after we put her down and she doesn't get into anything. But she has been in the habit of falling asleep in the hallway right outside her door. She will move herself back to her bed about 10 pm or whenever she realizes a bed is much more comfy.



 Maya saying I Yuv Ooo
Maya melts our hearts by saying I love you now. It is the cutest thing you will ever hear, so I captured it on video!




2 comments:

Ginger said...

Maya talks so much! She has learned so quickly. The girls are getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys. It will be a fun time.

Amber said...

awesome table!!!