The food. The mini cheesecakes, yum. And the frosting on those cupcakes was delish.
Look at those cute bows on the ducks.
Luz, Karina, Darcy, Janssen, Landen, Lindsey, and Ish.
Kasee, Sherry, Allison, Mary, Liz, and Amanda.
Amanda, me, Steph, and Luz.
And we have 100% decided on a name, Maya Vera. I am in love with the name.
In other news, I am being induced on Tuesday, the 10th at 8 pm! My doctor said I won't really get started until the next morning, so most likely this baby will be coming on her due date. Unless I go into labor this weekend! I still have hope. We went out for spicy Thai food last night, went on a 3 mile walk this morning. Either way, I am feeling GREAT for being 4 days away from giving birth and just enjoying every minute with my sweet Amelia. I did have an emotional day yesterday, thinking about how happy Amelia is now and how her life is going to change. But it will ultimately change for the better. The transition may be rough, but she'll pull through just as happy as ever and I LOVE to imagine my two little girls being the best of friends.

8 comments:
Yay! It's fun to see pictures of the shower. I am SO EXCITED to meet Miss Maya! And I'm very impressed with your 3 mile walk. I aspire to be more like you next time I'm pregnant.
cute cute shower. And now that you decided I can admit . . . I LOVE Maya. Its so pretty and think it sounds so great with your last name. I even pitched it to Chris for our girl, but don't think it sounds as good with our last name as it does with yours. Can't wait to see your new girl. Amelia is so beautiful, she will be too. Good luck on Tuesday!
What a cute shower! A friend of mine says her theory is that EVERY baby needs a celebration, even if it's the same gender. Maya is beautiful--I love it!
What a great group of friends you have there, and such a beautiful shower! I have to tell you.., a few days before I had Isaac I felt really emotional, too, because Ella was just so perfect and sweet and happy, and I felt a little guilty about having another child and throwing her off. But it was actually a very wonderful transition that made her feel pretty special. We stressed how she was such a good big sister, let her hold him as often as she wanted... And she still got tons of attention, especially in the beginning, because Isaac was asleep so often. So it's not like they go from getting a lot of one on one to significantly less. Sorry to go on... I just remember feeling that exact same way. Don't worry it will be wonderful.
Also... Maybe you are way better than me... But I remember being nervous about loving another child. I felt like I loved Ella so much that I really might not love another quite as much (does that sound terrible?). Anyway, in case you have thought about that- it's amazing the amount of love people are capable of. You really do love that first child just as much, and then the next child just as strong. It's kind of a testimOny builder of Gods love for each of His children. It really is possible :)
Your baby shower looks fabulous! I wish I would have got an invite, I may have just flown down! What great friends, and so many...although I'm not that surprised.Can't wait to hear when this baby comes and I'm glad the pressure of naming her is over. Amelia will be a great big sister and do well once she see her.
It's crazy to me that I know three people at your shower (besides you). The world is so, very small when you're Mormon!
Also, I felt the same way when I was pregnant with my second. The poor first born gets their world rocked and they can't do anything about it. It'll be great though, I promise!
What wonderful, supportive friends you have! The shower was so pretty! Maya is such a nice name. I can just picture her now. Today is the day! It will be so great to have two adorable girls. Amelia will love it!
Post a Comment