Wednesday, December 15, 2010

She's cool like that

This little girl sat on Santa's lap like it was no big thing. Sure she looked at him like, who is this guy? But when I called her name for a picture, I got her classic look. Isn't she sweet?

We celebrated St. Nick's on December 5. We each got a new ornament from Santa in our stockings.

The opening of her first present. She preferred to gum it, no teeth yet, pretty impressive.

We headed down to Salt Lake to see the tree at Gateway and the lights at Temple Square. Amelia's favorite was the water show. But I'm pretty sure she loved it all, considering she's looking at anything but the camera in every picture we took that night.





Amele is 9 months now. She weighs 18 lbs and 6 oz. She is 29 inches. She is getting her knees up, she kind of rocks on her knees and elbows. Ha ha, she may be going for a low crawl. She also bounces her bum to music, any music. My phone plays the theme from How I Met Your Mother (naturally) whenever I get a text. She dances to it every time. And as I speak she is pulling all her toys and books off the bottom shelf. She's not a baby anymore.

We love you Amelia.

7 comments:

Alex said...

Such a cute Santa picture! She's a doll. I know everyone says this, but just wait until she's crawling and walking...the destruction never ends!

Alisa said...

Wasn't it you who said you've never seen a "happy child on Santa Clause's lap" picture? And look at your little angel! What a cutie! And, how do you celebrate St. Nick's day or whatever that is? What a perfect way to get a new ornament each year!

kelly said...

It makes me sad to see how big she is getting and I only saw her a month ago. By the time I see her again she is going to be running around...crazy. This is a tradition that I miss and my kids do not remember. I love going to Temple Square and seeing the lights and watching the Nativity. I miss it. I would love that ree at Gateway too. It is beautiful.

kelly said...

Oh, one more thing...where is this cute Santa? I love his cute truck! She looks so cute on his lap. very cool....

Julaine said...

That really is the cutest picture of Amelia and Santa. Is it bad one of my first things I thought of looking at the picture was, Is Juan really wearing jeans?! I don't think I've seen him in jeans since who knows when. All the lights are so beautiful, of course Amelia didn't want to look at the camera!

Heather said...

That is so amazing that you got such a great picture with Santa. Never happened with my kids. I love how she has no interest in looking at the camera. She's already rebelling at such a young age!

Philippines Tourism said...

Love the pictures....christmas pictures in salt lake at the temple are the best!