We have accepted.
We will be building our post-student life in the same state that Juan's dad grew up.
It is a 21 hour drive from Utah.
We will know 2 couple friends in the area, and a dear friend from freshman year that lives 4 hours away. That makes 5 people. Total.
It is currently 60 degrees there, in December.
That's all I've got. I know nothing about this place, but I know it's right for us.
Oh wait, I do know one more thing.
The stars at night...
Apparently they're Big and Bright.
Clap clap clap clap
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
Juan has accepted a job with Dell right outside of Austin, Texas.
After much prayer and research, we will be headed there September 2011.
So I've got 9 months to soak up my dear Utah. This holiday season is quite special knowing it's the last I'm here for all of my childhood traditions.
I'm thrilled. I'm scared. I'm SUPER excited actually. And most of all, I'm grateful that we have a job come graduation. What a blessing.
Please share any Austin, Texas tidbits with me in the comments. And I mean ANY.
26 comments:
oh my gosh my brother (not michael, obviously) just accepted a job from dell in austin. how funny. his starts in march 2012 i think.
going to a new place is an adventure, especially when you know only a few people (or, in our case, zero people) thats why the church is a blessing. instant friends. that is so wonderful for you guys. congrats to you guys on the job!
Wow how exciting for you guys! I have been trying to end up in Austin for a long time! Affordable housing, mild weather, strong church membership, and it's supposed to be a super cool place, tons to do!
Can't wait to hear how it all goes!
CONGRADULATIONS Juan & Cami! That is exciting news.
Yay!! I'm so, so, so excited for you guys! And I'm glad we can be one of the five lucky people!:) I'm so excited for Amelia & Lexi to meet and become best friends (naturally lol). We can spend our days shopping at the outlets and watching our choice reality dating shows at night. lol. Can't wait for September!!
yay, congrats, you guys! that is so exciting. it's going to be an adventure! :)
So cool!!! Congrats!
Wahoo!! That is so exciting! I'm so glad that you guys have a job lined up! My brother's family lives in Houston. I just google mapped it and you'll be 11 1/2 hours from us here in Starkville, Mississippi----so, if you ever feel like heading east (or if we ever head west) then we can get some icecream! :)
P.S,
I'm jealous that you already have 5 friends there! We didn't know anyone before we came out here to house-hunt. That's like, what Erin said, the church is so wonderful---it's like instant family!
Yay, Juan! How wonderful. Congratulations!! I hear that austin is a really great place to live. I know you will love it... and you guys are so much fun - you will have no problem making friends!
Austin is wonderful. I think you will like it. I will be in touch whenever I am in the area. Good luck with the move.
So fun! I'm a little jealous of the fun reality show nights you and amanda will have! Congrats and so exciting for you guys. :)
Congratulations! That's such a blessing to know where you will be going and that you will have a job so far in advance. I can't say I'm envious of the hot Texas summers and humidity, but other than that Texas is such a fabulous place. Enjoy!
congratulations! That is the best feeling in the world, knowing where you're going and how things are going to work out. I'm so excited for you!
YAY!!! I'm so glad you guys accepted! You will LOVE it in Austin!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!
Congrats! I have friends that live there and love it! The south is great for lack of friggidness. :)
P.S.- Merry Christmas!
I LOVE Austin! Ben's grandparents, and aunt and uncle, and cousins live there. There is a TON of stuff to do. I'll make you a list =) You can also run into Sandra Bullock. How cool would that be? We're in the same boat as you with residency programs next year. All of the places he's gotten interviews we know ZERO people. But it's an adventure. You'll make friends quick. Good luck!
WOOHOO!!! I am so excited!!! I can't wait to see you (even though it is still so far away!) And 4 hours away isn't that bad at all!! Email me!
oooohhh...congratulations! This is big news! How exciting! Sorry, I know nothing about Austin....isn't it the capitol? Oh my, that's embarrassing if it's not:)
Congratulations Juan! We are so excited for your new adventure in September. You guys will love it there and we'll come and visit if you don't make friends fast enough...but i know you won't have a problem with that!
That is so exciting! Austin is such a fun city. There is tons of live music and great food. A wonderful lake, it's awesomely awesome.
Cami...it is closer to Austin from us than it is to Utah. 32 hours away. CRAZY. 38 hours to drive to Utah. I don't think we will ever drive to come and see you but I can fly. I just checked and they have $99 one way on Southwest. COngratulations! It is a good feeling to be with a good company. Dell is awesome and sounds like they will treat you well.
Congratulation Cami and Juan! I'm so happy for you guys! It will be nice to have 9 months to prepare to leave Utah. Of course we'll miss you tons but it sounds like such a wonderful opportunity for your family. Here's to 9 months of fun in Utah!
Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys!! What a blessing to have a job offer so soon. You will love it.
Congratulations to Juan on the job! I know it must be scary moving so far away, but that's great that you have 9 months to get yourself mentally ready. :) I have had a couple friends that have lived in Austin and they absolutely loved it there!
Congrats! Sounds like a great adventure. Matt accepted a job here in Utah, so we'll be around here for a while. It is really nice to know what you're doing after school, though. :)
Cami and Juan and Amelia (our baby daughter!! and family),
We will miss you so much. It is fun having you down in the basement and we can see you whenever. But it will be such an adventure for you; we really are excited for you. And we can come visit and go to all the neat Texas places around you. That will be so fun. But be sure to plan to come often and visit us!! We love you. Love,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment