Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Visitors!

Click on pictures to see them bigger.

My parents came in for the holiday weekend. Juan and I loved playing host and also loved hanging out in their air-conditioned hotel, our place has no a/c here in Denver, seriously?

Here are thousands of pictures summing up our trip:
  • Molly Brown House - my mother had us watch The Unsinkable Molly Brown the night before. Super cheesy musical, Juan napped during it. I loved it.
  • Performing Arts Center where we got pictures with the BEST sculpture ever "Dancers", they are the 2 gigantic skinny unisex people holding hands. And there is a song playing on loop: "Let's Dance". Seriously my favorite part of Denver so far. They just look so happy.
  • Denver Convention Center where we saw the Blue Bear
  • State Capitol with it's Gold top
  • 16th Street Mall and eating at Maggiano's
  • And Washington park for a photo shoot in front of the pond. Beautiful park, we'll be going back.
Amelia went swimming for the first time at the hotel. We have a pool here at our place, but I've been too lazy to get all dressed and sun-block on just to leave after 1 minute if she didn't like it. But... we have a swimmer on our hands. Or shall I say she takes an indifference to it. She made a few faces getting used to the water temp, then she just chilled. Didn't matter to her if she was in water or not, she just acted normal. Cute girl.

  • Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs
  • United States Air Force Academy, Cadet Chapel
  • Texas Roadhouse yumminess. We had our first fried pickles, and they were pretty good!
It was such a nice visit and we got a lot in. On Sunday we spent an hour driving around in the rain looking for a place to watch fireworks from our covered car. We had no luck and then as we were walking into the hotel we heard the booms and there were fireworks right outside the door. Perfect view, and we huddled under the overhang to stay dry. It was meant to be, Juan got to see his fireworks.

6 comments:

Jolena said...

Ah, talking about Colorado Springs makes me miss home! I'm glad you enjoyed all the things there. :) Amelia is getting so big, it's amazing!

Ashley C said...

Aw, I miss Colorado. I loved the Garden of the Gods - and Denver and Boulder have some really fun things to do.

It's funny, when you mentioned no AC, I thought, "Yeah, so what? You don't need AC in Colorado." We didn't even bother with anything until my Dad got a swamp cooler when I was in high school. Try opening your windows at night and then close them around 10 in the morning to trap the cool air. That usually worked great for us until the evening, when it was cooling off anyway. The difference is I lived in the basement of a house, where it was cooler anyway. If you're apartment is a few floors up, the whole window trick won't last nearly as long.

Ginger said...

I love that dancing sculpture and that it music is playing. That is so great. You guys did a ton of things in that short little time.

I love that cute little swim suit on Amelia.

Heather said...

Fun picture collages Cami! Those were all really great pictures. I'm glad you had such a fun time with Mom and Dad. Amelia looks adorable in her swimsuit. She gets bigger and bigger. I love it!

Julaine said...

So fun! How did you do that collage of pictures, I liked it but I wanted to blow up each pictures to see everything. It's so nice having vistors, I'm glad your parents could come and hang. No a/c...no wonder you have a pool in your place! I'm more of a natural air kind of girl so the ac wouldn't bother me so much. Glad you had fun!

Amanda said...

Wow, it looks like you guys did so many fun things!! Visitors are the best. The swimming pictures are my favorite. I love how she does look indifferent in a lot of them. haha. And I'm shocked you have no ac! I'd die!