Monday, May 10, 2010

Freaky Friday

Role reversal. Me and Juan.

I am working. He is the Stay-at-homer.

There are the frustrations:

I get home, wiped out from my early morning and full day of work.

Juan greets me, himself exhausted from a super well-behaved baby who just still needs some love and attention every oh, 5 minutes or so.

There are the utter joys:

I get home to a girl who is beaming to see me. She smiles and snuggles and plays.

Juan doesn't miss a beat. He sends picture after picture of a funny face, or a sneeze, or he tells me about a funny noise she made.

We both have times where we think, if the other only knew how good this is, or if the other only knew how difficult.

Guess what? I will know! And so will he!

Is this the solution to being more understanding with each other? When I get my dream job of staying home with my baby in just 3 1/2 weeks (YAY!), will we get to look at each other and just know how the other is feeling?

I hope we remember this short time. And cherish the good and the difficult. In the meantime, this girl and this father are having too much fun together:



5 comments:

The Bostons said...

Hooray for you getting to stay home with your beautiful baby!!! That is VERY EXCITING!!!

Julaine said...

Love the pics! It's good that you two get to experience what each other will be switching off soon! 3 more weeks, it's so close!

Amanda said...

It is nice to be able to experience first hand what the other one does. I know it's been good for us too! Amelia's so cute. She looks so sinister. JK! haha! :)

Laura said...

She is soooo cute! We love that last picture!

Jeff and Holly said...

So, I was browsing through blogs today and saw the pictures of your little girl! She is seriously a beautiful baby and very photogenic!