Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Living it up

Juan and I have been enjoying our time with just the 2 of us. We have our dates out. Monday we even saw Avatar in IMAX 3D with Heather & Tyler. I loved the movie and got through the 3 hours without getting too uncomfortable and without a bathroom break! Tyler joked that we should all put on adult diapers so we wouldn't have to leave in the middle of the movie. Not even needed.

(Side note: I am noticing my pregnancy face in these pictures. You know, it's like all people look the same right when they get their braces off. Well all people look similar when they are getting late in pregnancy. Agreed?)
We also attended a 6 hour prenatal seminar this weekend. I volunteered to introduce us first and just spoke for me and Juan. Well as the teacher went around the room, she asked questions of both the wife and the husband. She skipped Juan. He leaned over to me and said, I don't think she thinks I speak English. So he went until hour 5 without even asking a question! But when he did ask about us leaving this summer for an internship (and how to shift dr appts) she asked, are you leaving the country? Really? Just because he's hispanic? Bless her heart, she was innocent. As for me, I asked a gallon of questions and probably drove everyone else nuts. We both ended up enjoying the class and learning a lot. It didn't seem like 6 hours.

8 comments:

Ashley C said...

That is awesome - you gotta love the naive ones who are tryping not to be rude but so are.

Tiffany said...

Oh My that is so funny! I'm dying right now!

Heather said...

I see some pregnancy face but you've got the cute belly to go with it! It's not a bad thing at all. We had a great time with you guys. I wish I would've used the diaper. Ha! Ha!

I'm glad you enjoyed the class. I guess you'd better make Juan do the talking from now on.

Rachelle said...

I am glad you enjoyed the class! Poor Juan, but pretty funny! Cami you look great in that pink shirt!!! And both of you look amazing in those glasses! :)

David and Megan said...

hahhhaha...Oh Cami. I love you blogs. I am always laughing out loud to myself when I read them. I can't wait til Dave and I get to go to baby classes. I will give him a football and tell him to pretend it's a baby. :) ....One Day. BTW you do have that "I'm going to be a mother soon GLOW" about you now a days.

Amy said...

I don't know what you mean about people's faces looking the same when they get braces off....also, I'm unfamiliar with the "pregnancy face..." please enlighten me! :)

Ginger said...

Wow 6 hours! That is forever. I am glad it wasn't boring though. Now you are all ready for the baby to come. I can't believe you are almost a month away. Holy cow! I am so excited for you guys.

Lorel said...

Yep, I am totally there with you on the pregnancy face AND same face after bracess! Totally true. I feel like my face is becoming more and more pregnant looking by the day at this point! You really do look great though. I'm glad you are livin' in up! I was a big fan of Avatar too! Can you believe the price was pretty much double for 3d?! Crazy!