Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Trip

Thank you to everyone who let us stay with them, gave us rides, and made time for us to swoop in and interrupt their lives. It was such a fun trip! Here are some of the highlights:

My old stomping ground: Greendale, Wisconsin. Love it there.

Juan had a list of places he had to eat. Here we are at Kopp's for burgers and frozen custard. Juan's list of places were for the burgers, but of course being an ice cream expert, I had to get the frozen custard at each place as well.

We didn't go to a Brewers game, sold out unfortunately. But we walked around the park and took some pictures!

Another one of Juan's places. He loves the hot fudge sundaes. He always makes a note to say Pres Bush stopped here whenever he was in town.

Last couple days of the trip I stayed with Julaine, her husband, and her new baby! It was fun to have some girl time while Juan went home to Provo and studied his brains out.

I'm not one to try new non-chain restaurants. Julaine took me to Skip's and after we had ordered I discovered she had never been there before! We were in luck, the food was pretty good.

Me at Lake Geneva. It was a perfect day.

There's baby Addison. I didn't get many pictures of her! Julaine loves to put bows in her hair and has like 20 of them!

On the way to the airport I just had to get a picture with the ring leader. Julaine's town Delavan used to have a circus, so there was a huge elephant and giraffe in their town square.

7 comments:

Erin_C said...

Gotta love trips home. We had a list of places to eat when we were going to Idaho/Utah. Missed out on Tucanos and Chuck-a-rama (he he, love that place). Glad you had a good trip!

Rachelle said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I love the picture of you with the clown!

Amanda said...

How fun! I love that you take pictures and write about the places you ate, just like me!! Looks like you had lots of fun!:)

Lorel said...

What a fun trip! It's nice to go back for visits, huh? Well, guess what. Craig isn't obsessed with VA anymore... he will be applying places here... but also Colorado, Texas, Florida... crazy huh! Anyway, I have dreams of us being close to each other once again! That might be weird to say.

Heather said...

All of the pictures are great! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I'm not a huge fan of new non-chain restaurants either. What's the matter with us? I'm glad it turned out all right. You and the clown=creepy. I'm not a fan.

Ginger said...

I am glad you guys had a fun time in good ol' Wisconsin. I want some frozen custard. It has been a long time since I have had some. I remember one of the first times was when we ate over at the Curtis' house. Yummy! Love the picture with the clown.

Julaine said...

I am so glad you came out. It's hard to believe you were just here last week when it already seems like a while. I always have good memories with you, thanks for saying the extra days...I know itwas hard without your man!