Thursday, September 18, 2008
Me Gusta Hablar en Espanol
I work for BYU, so I can take up to 6 credits per semester for free, so why not take advantage, right? Well since I am a full timer, I decided to take the Spanish class that meets Monday thru Friday at 7 am! Yikes, not even one day off! It has been three weeks and I still haven't gotten used to the early morning, but I love the class. My teacher is really great and focuses on us speaking, which is my weakest point. We were required to speak a few hours this week outside of class, and so I met a fellow classmate for one of the hours, and then chose to speak with Juan for the other hour. Let me rephrase that, chose to speak TO Juan, and have him speak back to me in complete Spanglish, like english word after english word with o on the end. It was actually very cute that he made the effort and took the time. I know he doesn't speak spanish and hasn't since he was like 4 years old, but how I wish it would just magically return to him! I love to just be learning, but I particularly love the language and wish there was really some way I could learn it and keep that skill and not lose it for lack of using it. I did learn a lot though, as he would speak I would translate back in Spanish what he was saying and have him repeat it. They say you learn the most when you're the one teaching. My test is tomorrow, we'll see how much I still love Spanish after I get those results back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow you are good taking classes even though you have already graduated. I can not believe that you are taking a class at 7 am. I am getting tired just thinking about it. That is really nice that you get it for free though.
awesome. I suck at spanish.
spanish was one of my favorite classes at the y, but 7 am in way early. go you!!! hope the test went well today!!
Cami, we can hang out sometime and I'll talk With you in Spanish! :) I love to speak and practice. The only time I get to practice is when I have a Spanish-speaking patient.
That is awesome you get to take free classes. I always wanted to take random classes but could never do it because I felt it wouldn't get as much focus as my Major classes. Hope your test went well.
Wow Cami! You are so good. That's great that you are continuing to learn even though you already have a degree. Amazing! I'm glad you're liking it. I bet your Spanish will really come in handy throughout your life.
Seriously, let me know if you need to practice. I would love to brush up on my Spanish. It's so fun and I miss it. Good for you!
Post a Comment