Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Track Meets Over

My job is generally pretty relaxed (which is why I can blog while at work) but the last few months have been crazy because our department was in charge of BYU High School Track Invitational and we also hosted the High School State Meet. They both are huge events and I envy all event planners and all those small details they have to deal with. Since I am not in an interview, I will go ahead and admit that I am not detail-oriented. Blah, I like to look at the whole picture and just assume everything will work out. So besides all the busy work days of preparation for the meets, I also had to work both meets. I recruited Juan to come and work with me and we had fun as co-workers. We were in charge of getting lunches and snacks to all 200 employees, so Juan had fun driving the golf cart around as if he were playing real life Mariokart as he describes it. He just needed some banana peels. The first of the two weekends I got super sun burned, my poor pale skin. It was extremely painful and so by the second meet, I refused to leave the food tent and sent Juan out on all the deliveries. Now I am back to being caught up on normal life like my celebrity gossip and tv blogs. Love it.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You're funny, Cami! Love it! PS- do you have Mario Kart Wii? That's the best one ever!!!