Amelia is so great to talk to. She is constantly telling me she is going to get taller taller taller and then she wants to be a mommy. Well I make sure she knows how hard work it is to be a mommy, not to discourage her in any way, but we talk about how hard daddy works and then we also talk about how hard mommy works. So the other day I was telling her when you're a mom, there is always something to do. And then I said, will you run and grab me Oscar's binky? And she says, "Well I just going to rest wecause I not tall yet." (meaning she's not grown up yet). Okay then, live it up while you can Mill.
Oscar and I have plenty of one-on-one time. He knows how to make me feel like I'm the most wonderful person in the world. He loves patty cake. He "throws it in the oven" the whole song. He has been sitting up now and playing with toys and he can play by himself for an hour or more, and he loves when the girls stop in and play with him. I love to sing to him, I love when he lays his head on my shoulder, I love to nurse him. He is getting bored with nursing these days and gets so distracted and just wants to look up at me and smile or whip his head around and try to grab the book in my hand, or sit up and spot what the girls are doing. Sometimes I have to pump and hand him a bottle, which he devours. He loves to hold his own bottle. I love having a boy, he is sweet and amazingly chill. Julaine visited and she told me 100 times, I have the best behaved baby. And it is so true.
And Maya. She is our firecracker right now. This girl, she cannot be talked down from her fits. She will just go on and on and on. Yelling and screaming and wandering the house so she is sure to be heard. And I have tried everything to snap her out of these tantrums, and nothing. So we wait it out. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often, but this girl can go on for up to an hour each time. Aside from that, she is our sensitive one. She sobs and comes to find me during the scary parts of Disney movies. We were having our "talks" one night and I was asking her about her day. She told me a boy pushed her down and nursery and said, "mommy wasn't there to 'tect me". It broke my heart. Because of the Disney movies, I had been telling her that mommy is always here to protect her. And then I wasn't. She is so wise. The way I maximize my time with Maya is our talks at night and sometime in the middle of the day, when the girls are at the height of fighting, I'll sweep her away and we read books together or play a game or sing her favorite songs. She melts my heart.
We have the funnest kiddos.
We leave for Utah in 1 month. And we go to Disneyland in 3 months!!! We are so blessed and have so much to look forward to. I am trying my hardest, and know there are so many great moms who have done it before me.
6 comments:
You have the cutest children! They have the most expressive faces.
You are an awesome mom Cami! Your kids definitely know they are loved. I can just picture cute Amelia in her dance outfit showing Juan her dance at night. That is so great that she has her thing. I love how you describe each of their personalities. It's fun to get to know them through you. I can't wait to see you guys! So glad you'll be here soon!
You are an awesome mom! It was great seeing yoy routine and how your life is at your place. You got it down and do so well at making special time for each of them! You express your feeling and experience so well, too! And ill say it again so everyone bbelieves i really said it....best baby ever!!
So glad we could visit!!
You are the sweetest mom, Cami. Your kids are blessed to have you!
Oscar's faces kill me! Your children are so sweet!
I have found that when you sign them up for things just for them...like dance...the you are able to spend one on one time with the others that are not at the activity. Maya probably eats it up when Millie is at dance. Love your kids. Can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment