Monday, March 31, 2014

Kasee's baby shower and Weekend fun!

My dear friend Kasee is having her first baby in May!!! We are super excited for her and we had a baby shower for her last week. We had it on my house and I got a bit crafty and made a few decorations and also made sugar cookies for the event. All the other food was provided by many many friends who offered to help and saved my life. Thank you ladies. Here are some pictures from the event:

 I made the rag banner and loved how it turned out! I want to make another one for the girls' room. 

 These cookies were done with the glace icing recipe and tutorial from Our Best Bites. I have to say when I was in the middle of it, I promised to never do these again. BUT now that I know how to do it, I think I would make them again because the frosting just turns out so cute! I used the cookie recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe (my fave).

 I cut out hearts and sewed them in a line to make these hanging hearts over the food table. I was really pleased with how it all turned out!

 Dear Friends.

 Kasee and me. 

Over the weekend we headed downtown with a plan in mind that didn't work out. Instead we ended up playing at Zilker park and having a great time in the gorgeous weather! 


 Blue Bonnet time in Texas! Maybe we'll have another try at getting a good picture...


 

 Amelia has been practicing hard on her bike and is awesome at it now! She and Juan went on a bike ride during lunch today. So fun. 

4 comments:

Jen said...

The shower was really so amazing! I had a blast, and it looked so cute! You are a fabulous party thrower :)

Keegan said...

Nice job on the shower! It looks like it was so cute! Also, congratulations to Amelia on riding her bike so well -- we have work to go on that. That's great! And Maya hanging around at the playground looks so big!

Ginger said...

You did so good with the shower. Those cookies look so yummy and I love the rag banner. Maya looks so much older now that her hair is coming in. I can't believe Amelia can ride a bike. That is for big kids!! In that first bike pic, it kind of looks like Amelia is wearing a wig. Her hair is so long. Oscar is such a crack up in the pic with Juan. I am jealous of the no jacket or coat weather.

Julaine said...

Honestly, maya is freakin adorable! Can she get any cuter? The pic of oscar crying makes me smike everytime, he looks like he wants to be saved by momma.