Monday, November 18, 2013

Stepping Out

I have had an awesome recovery so far and have been getting out of the house a lot! And I think getting out has been what has kept me so happy and upbeat. With the girls, I was very weepy and cried over everything. I discovered with Amelia that if I got out of the house each day, even if it was just to walk around Target for 15 minutes, then I wouldn't feel so down and wouldn't cry every second. 

I went to cooking club last week, then on Friday we took a family trip to Austin's very own Wildlife Preserve. This was really really awesome. We drove through the property and animals would come right up to the car and we could feed them. We saw Zebras and Deer and Wildebeests and Ostriches. Right up in our faces! They also had giraffes and monkeys and a petting zoo with all these goats. It was an awesome experience, even if it ended up being a 10 hour day when Oscar was only 8 days old. Yikes.

Sunday we got out to a work party and left the girls at home with my parents. And tomorrow I am going out to a girl's night! I am glad I am feeling so good, I wouldn't want to miss all these fun things. Tomorrow will be a little sad, it is a farewell dinner for my dear friend Steph who is moving to Utah. We are really going to miss Steph and Cam, and the girls are really going to miss their best friend Andy. Boo. I don't want to think about it. 

Onto pictures.

 The girls loving their brother. Maya has really warmed up to him and it's almost like she forgets about him, then she'll see him lying on the couch and gasp and say Oscar! and run over to hug him.

 I take a hundred pictures a day. All for this money shot. Can you believe the cuteness?


 The girls helping grandpa make Apple Pie. Amelia has been talking about baking a pie with grandma and grandpa ever since we read an Amelia Bedelia book about it a few months ago. She loved it.

 And our trip to the Wildlife Preserves. Oscar was a champ in the car, they all were.

 Maya's excitement, and what she was looking at (below).



 First family picture. 

 Petting zoo. Maya was obsessed. Amelia quickly learned that the black one was mean, and therefore spent most the time watching from behind the gate.

Oscar is spending more and more time awake! The first 10 days of his life, he had maybe 2 hours of wake time total outside of eating.

And tomorrow we say good bye to Grandma and Grandpa. They have been so much help and who knows how I'll survive without them! I spend all my time taking care of 3 kids, who has time to make dinner and do dishes and clean? Yikes.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay! Keep taking pictures. That shot of the kids is the greatest picture EVER!!!

Unknown said...

That picture with all of them is to die for! Love those cheesy grins! Did you get a new car?! How fun that the animals came up to the car, what an experience! I am glad you are getting out, I think that you'll surprise yourself when your parents leave and will be able to conquer so much!

Amanda said...

Who cares about making dinner and doing dishes anyway! You seem to have things under control and that pic of all three of them is adorable. :)

kelly said...

You sound like you already have the 3 kids thing figured out. Don't worry too much about the house and keeping it clean right now. Focus on being with them and loving them. The house will always be there. Oscar is so sweet. Does he ever cry? He sounds like a dream. Maya is such a cutie. The look of love on both his sister's faces is priceless. Amelia will be the best little helper ever. She will really be a life saver to you. We love you guys!