Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkins and a Quilt!

Life is a little chaotic over here these days. The house seems to be a constant mess. Dinner rarely gets done in time or at all. There are kids screaming and running and jumping all over us. I'm exhausted! But we're having fun! And if there's ever going to be a time my house falls apart, it may as well be when I'm 8 months pregnant and have a 3 year old and 1 year old.

Last weekend, we hit up 2 pumpkin patches! We went to one here in town with our friends Amanda and Brian, like we do every year. Such a fun tradition. And then Juan and I ventured way out of town to the middle of nowhere to another Pumpkin Patch the next day! Two days in a row of girls yelling, Pumpkins!









 Thank you to Amanda, our photographer. So nice to have someone to capture a full family shot! Here we are last year, and the year before!

 Juan and I are getting such good pictures together. He just loves it :)


And with a 3rd child comes a 3rd quilt! I sometimes pretend I am a person who sews. But the truth is, I've only ever made 3 quilts. But they are important ones, one for each of my babies. I present to you:

Oscar's quilt! Oscar is the pretty set in stone name for our baby boy. And I love how the quilt turned out. There was a lot of rearranging and dropping some fabric, going to find more. Girl fabric seems to be more abundant in fabric stores. A refresher on each of the girl's quilts: here and here.

And 36 weeks.

7 comments:

Patrick said...

The quilt is so cute! (I love that you put links to see the other quilts. What a fantastic tradition for your children. You may not have made a ton, but the ones you've done are beautiful and significant. Way to go!) And I can't believe you're having baby #3 in just about a month! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of baby Oscar very soon! (This is Keegan. Obviously.) :)

Patrick said...

Also, I only said you haven't made a ton because you said something along those lines. For the record: I've never made any. :)

Ginger said...

I love that you guys go to the pumpkin patch every year. We should look into doing that here. I am sure they have to have a pumpkin patch somewhere.

Little Maya just does not want to commit to smiling for the camera. She is funny.

You got that quilt done so quickly. It makes me excited to make my next one. I think you are a professional now. I can just picture you making all your kids' clothes! Haha.

Jamie and Ben said...

You are looking fabulous at 8 months pregnant! And I love the name Oscar. Love. Love. Love.

Heather said...

You are just meant to be pregnant. You look so good! Your face doesn't get puffy or anything. I can't believe he'll be here so soon! I love the pumpkin patch family photos each year. Very fun tradition! Everyone is growing up so fast. I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are SO cute Cami! Can't wait to see your newest addition when he arrives. :)

RETA said...

Great pictures!

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com