Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Mornings

This post isn't about my evenings. Where maybe I'm the mom who is shuffling Amelia into bed, begging her to go right to sleep because I just need a break. And maybe I sing Rudolph (her nightly request) at triple speed and hightail it out of there so I can plop myself on the couch and be a bum. No, this post is about my mornings. The mornings look much more idealistic over at our house.

Each morning I am greeted by HUGE smiles from miss Amelia, as she can't wait to climb in and snuggle mommy in bed. Soon after, miss Maya joins us and that is where the party really starts. Maya reaches for help up on the bed as Amelia is yelling, Maya come say hi to me! Then Maya proceeds to hug Amelia a thousand times and Amelia literally says the words, "I'm so happy, I love Maya." This happens every morning people. And then Maya moves in on me and snuggles and plays and the sun is shining and let me tell you, every morning I am full of so much joy.




I love my children. 

That is all.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So precious Cami! What a fun memory to capture. I can just imagine it all playing out each morning. What a great way to start your day. I do the same thing with my nighttime routines too. I have much less patience after 8:00 so you'd better catch me before then!

The Apron Gal said...

Such a sweet memory. It's important to remember those tender moments that make the rest of it worth it! I look forward to those one day with cute as cute as yours!!