Monday, April 9, 2012

Big Red

Big news around here. 
 We said good bye to our beloved 1993 Camry and got a new car! A 2007 Camry, my favorite features include air conditioning, tinted windows to fight off the Texas heat, and an MP3 hookup. The car also runs very smoothly and we just LOVE it.


 Speaking of Texas heat, it has been an average of 85 degrees here for the past 3 weeks. Our pool was cleaned and Amelia went for her first swim of the season this week! She was very cautious. I'm sure she'll get very used to it as we'll be going every day.

And as for Easter festivities, Amelia was spoiled with 2 Easter egg hunts this year. One at our friend's house across the way with tons and tons of kids from church:

 Amelia just got right to it and was obsessed with collecting the eggs.

 I was trying to convince her to let me hold her basket while she went and played on the slide. She was not having it.

Instead she sat at a table and chowed down on every piece of candy she could get to. I'm such a good mom.

And another egg hunt at our apartment complex for our spoiled girl:
Happy Juan! I showed Juan how happy he looked in this picture, he said he loves to see Amelia having so much fun. Sweet.

Maya came along and held Amelia's toys for her.

Easter morning: 

Maya was so excited about her bunny (which was Amelia's, but she never loved it like I wanted her to) and Oscar the Grouch book.
Our attempts at Easter pictures.
Maya's easy, she doesn't instantly squirm out of our arms like Amelia does.

 I had my eye on Amelia's dress for weeks, it finally went on sale and with a coupon I got it for $11 when it was originally $20. I adore it.

And this is Maya's new trick, the 3/4 roll! Amelia did it too and was rolling over all the way within a few weeks. I love how proud Maya is of herself.

I love my girls. And Juan of course. Hope everyone had a great Easter!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

So much fun!! I love the new car! So cute, and great to have AC, I'm sure.
Easter looked like a hit. I love the girls dresses. Great deal on Amelia's.
Looks like you're having fun, and are well taken care of.

Love you guys!!

Love, Crystal

Amanda said...

Wow, so exciting!! That car looks so nice. Hope you're enjoying it:)

Stephanie Lee said...

What a beautiful car! I still need to ride in it and bask in its amazingness. The girls looked SO CUTE yesterday. And I'm still talking about that delicious ham and potatoes! Thanks again for pulling the dinner together!

Ginger said...

Easter is such a fun holiday and it is okay to let Amelia have a ton of candy on the day. I figure you can always monitor it after the holiday. Their dresses are so cute.

I love the car and am excited to see it in less than 3 weeks!! Yeah!!

Unknown said...

Yay for AC! I don't know how you have survived thus far without it, you are brave! Can't wait to go for a ride in the new car ;) Love the Easter basket, where did you get such a cute one...haha! The girls looked so cute! I love Amelia's dress, great buy!

Heather said...

What a fun Easter weekend! I'm glad you had such a fun one! Your car sounds great! I love how cute the girls looked in their dresses. You and Juan look great too!

Titensor Family said...

Awesome car!! I love it!! Also darling pics of your girls in their cute outfits!! miss you guys!!

Brittany Lewis said...

Congrats on the new car! How exciting. I think your Easter pics turned out really cute! Your girls are just too adorable. I liked how you said Juan was so happy to see Amelia having fun. I feel the same way!